My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2008 - Year of Remembering Pantera & Travelling

As I continue to reflect back on the years with Cricket, 2008 was the year my first guide, Pantera, died in March.  Cricket had been my guide for a little over a  year at this time.  This picture (sorry if you've read my blog you've seen this picture many times :), represents a lot to me.  Pantera was such a graceful retired guide. She stepped aside gracefully and encouraged Cricket along. Even the night before she died, in this picture she stepped back for Cricket to be by my side. I will forever be grateful for those last sweet moments when I gave her a final hug and thanked her for her beautiful life of love and service.

2008 was the year of Cricket settling in as a guide, and lots of travelling!  I look back on this and wonder when I worked!  I know I did -- it was also a really busy time at our office!

We also had a fun photo shoot with Davina.  (Thank you, Natalie!)  She took many wonderful pictures ... this one of Cricket saying - hey Becky we need to stop is a favorite.

There was the Girls Trip to NYC, Europe with my parents, Oregon with friends, San Diego with the family for Thanksgiving.  I also surprised Steve with a trip to Greece.  Incredible and so grateful for these experiences.







No comments: