My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year with Smiles

Love a smiling Crickers! We spent the last five days in St. George, Utah. It is nice to be able to drive four hours to sunshine (most of the time). We have many beautiful trails that we enjoy in St. George.  This time we walked one of our favorites a couple different times.  Cricket didn't guide - Steve and I walked hand in hand and Cricket was by our side.  She loved it and we did too :).  I tried to be present in the moment of enjoying walking hand in hand with Steve and having my sweet Cricket walking by my side in a different way.  We are in transition and I find myself savoring these moments as I let go of her being my guide in each moment.
Smiling Cricket 
Becky and Cricket on walk up to Snow Canyon
Steve and Cricket on the Ivins Trail (Steve sure gets a lot of comments when he wears this Cowboys hat!)


Cricket worked as a guide at the restaurants and shopping.  We left her at our home while we went to two movies -- Saving Mr. Banks and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.  After Saving Mr. Banks - we declared we had this movie description down.  I am learning what I need to know to understand a movie without seeing it and Steve is great about knowing what to share.  We laughed afterwards - he whispered a description and I said OH! lightbulb moment as the movie made more sense after he explained the visual.

Happy New Year!

No comments: