My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A great day

Celebrated my birthday today - last one in the 40s :).  Cricket spent the day home. I went to my office and it felt like someone was missing!  Lunch with a friend was so nice.  At the restaurant, it felt strange to not have a guide snuggled next to my feet.
 Kendall told me I was cool and didn't seem my age :). He also checked out my hair and said only a few grey hairs, mom.  Natalie gave me a pair of Kate Spade earrings that are tandem bikes!!  How cool is that - definitely a gift with my name on it.   Steve gave me some running pants that I am excited to wear for our half-marathon on Saturday!   
Lovely dinner with the family.  Love the opportunity to hear from family and friends. Feeling very grateful.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

You have such a fun, cute family! Hope you have a wonderful time in St. George and have a great run tomorrow! Our original plans ended up working out so we're heading to the cabin and not St. George after all. Will be thinking of you lovely ladies tomorrow!
Loves!

Lablove said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your run is terrific!

Infrequent Flyers said...

Happy belated birthday, Becky! I love the "Tethered with Resilience" idea. Kendall is right, you are cool! I'm sure it must feel strange not to have Cricket with you. I hope you are both adjusting well to the changes. Lots more to come, I know!

jennohara said...

Happy Birthday Becky!!