My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, December 23, 2013

Running

Alanna and I ran ten miles Saturday in preparation for our upcoming half marathon!  I am so inspired by her in so many ways ... one of which is that she just picked up this guide running like it was no big deal :)! It felt so great in the midst of a snowy day!  Excited!

I wore out my vest that Shannon gave me three years ago - time flies!  This is my new vest ... love it!  And, my new shoes ...Hoka (loving them more each time I run with them) that are part of my Christmas so Steve wrapped them in a box that I could pull out and use until Christmas :).  Isn't that a grand idea :)!  He also has a pair of Hoka's under the tree for hiking.

4 comments:

S.DAY said...

yay for a REAL vest! You're an official runner now anyways so it's about time you look official! No more vests with letters falling off :) I love those shoes too!
So glad your foot is holding up and excited for you to tuck another half marathon under the belt. You're awesome. I've been thinking about you and Cricket a lot and still so sad she's ready to stop working. Love you both so so much! Merry Christmas and lets do a shopping day after the holidays or something fun!?
xoxo

Becky Andrews said...

S Day -- its a date!! Special memory when you gave me my vest before our half three years ago! So many great times together.

Alanna said...

Oh Becky, so sweet of you to give me credit on being a good runner guide. Thanks for not mentioning the couple with 3 dogs I nearly caused you to trip over on our route. :)I'll get better.
I love spending time with you! I feel like we have been friends forever. Can't wait for the HM!

Alanna said...

Oh Becky, so sweet of you to give me credit on being a good runner guide. Thanks for not mentioning the couple with 3 dogs I nearly caused you to trip over on our route. :)I'll get better.
I love spending time with you! I feel like we have been friends forever. Can't wait for the HM!