My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, November 1, 2013

Gratitude is good for us!

Time to put Tom Turkey on the fridge with grateful feathers. Thanksgiving ... family ... friends ... love this month!  It can be a yearlong practice. I love how it is all around us in November. The idea of thankfulness seems easy enough.  Researchers have found it to be powerful:  People who actively try to become more grateful in their everyday lives are happier.  On facebook (Resilient Solutions, Inc.), in our office, and around we are featuring Gratitude thoughts this month.  Join us and share your favorites!

Today Cricket and I are in Portland with our dear friend, Debi, enjoying the Guide Dogs for the Blind Fall Luncheon.  So very grateful for this wonderful friendship.  So very grateful for this wonderful, annual tradition and experience.  Grateful Cricket is happy and healthy.  So grateful for a supportive husband cheering me on to go.  Last year Debi and I had the opportunity to share our story at this luncheon.  You can listen to it here.

1 comment:

Grandma & Grandpa said...

We were at Kim's in St. Paul when the luncheon was going on and saw a news item on TV about it. I said to the kids to look for Becky because she just could be there and be one of the speakers! We didn't see you, but apparently you were like, just like I said. (Smart mom, ha) Glad you had a good trip and that Cricket is up and going again!