My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, October 7, 2013

Harnessing Health and Happiness at Guide Dogs for the Blind

In Tiburon with Steve & Cricket, Melissa (friend/serve on GDB Board together) and her husband, David
We returned home late last night from San Rafael, California - home of  Guide Dogs for the Blind National Headquarters. I am energized and inspired spending time with my amazing husband, awesome board members, fellow alumni, fabulous staff and volunteers who give so much. Thank you to everyone for making this event inspiring and so many great memories.  We started planning this event over a year ago with the title: Harnessing Health and Happiness.  There were events and sessions for both humans and dogs to encourage good health and happiness!
Alumni Association Awards Banquet 
Love these ladies I serve with on the GDB Board ... I could do a blog post about each of their amazingness! We worked hard planning this event and also had a lot of fun!
We walked across the Golden Gate Bridge on a windy morning.  We have biked it several times on a tandem - so much fun!  I want to run it!  Steve wasn't able to with his knee ... thought about putting a sign up -- wanted: a guide runner to run across the bridge with me:).

Enjoyed a great walk with Steve and Cricket

P.S. - my hair grows SO fast.  My next haircut can't come soon enough!  
Harness some good health and happiness today :)! 

5 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like your event was very very good. Glad it was a wonderful time.

S.DAY said...

Becky you look fabulous in that blue blouse your wore to the conference!!!! And steve looks so happy! Must have been that bike ride a few posts ago!
xoxo
shan

3 labs 4 me said...

Great memories with you & Steve in San Rafael, Tiburon, & biking across the Golden Gate Bridge in 2010. Enjoyed seeing your photos from this year.

Infrequent Flyers said...

So glad you had a great time here. The weather was very cooperative for you!

Becky Andrews said...

Karen - yes it was!
Shan - Thank you!
Debi - Yes we thought of you guys!
Mimi - The weather was beautiful!