My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A day of gratitude. Dog Day.

September 17th, 1997.  Sixteen years ago on this date I took my first walk with my first guide dog,  Pantera. I reflect back on that first amazing, empowering experience walking with a guide dog. I walked fast, free and confident. I was surprised how quickly I trusted my new partner. Soon I became one with this dog. This is a day of gratitude - a day when I received an amazing gift. The years fly by and Pantera retired in the fall of 2006. Cricket  entered in 2007 and I felt that same invigoration and gratitude. It is incredible and I thank all of those that make this possible!

1 comment:

3 labs 4 me said...

Pantera was amazing & Cricket is too! I feel gratitude that Pantera brought us together. Love you!