My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, August 5, 2013

Reminiscing, Reconnecing, Roots

Two Reunions on Saturday.  Family then high school reunion - 30 years, seriously?

Family.  I left the reunion feeling of love and gratitude for my extended family.  Grateful for such goodness - for a family that exemplifies faith, love, inclusion, and laughter.

High School Reunion.  I enjoyed high school but had not been to a reunion since ... timing just didn't seem to work.  We were going to be in Cache Valley for the other reunion so sounded like a good plan.  Several friends that I was hoping would be there weren't going to make it so we arrived not knowing who or what to expect.  Also, thirty years ago in high school I had not been diagnosed with RP yet.  I was returning blind with a guide dog.  What would that be like?  I found myself being a little nervous as we quickly changed into a little nicer clothes after the family reunion.  (which, we really didn't need to - we would have been fine in our casual clothes).  So there we were: Steve - good sport most likely wouldn't know anyone and me not being able to recognize faces!  As I mentioned none of the couples that we had stayed in touch with were going to be at the reunion and Steve graduated from a different high school.  We entered and Karen - organizer of it all was amazing and welcoming and helped us connect.  It was nice and brought back lots of fun memories of high school and dear people that I hadn't seen for so long.
The big question however, is Can you find Cricket's tail :)?  

No comments: