My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, June 10, 2013

Love to Pedal

Just sharing one of my favorite places: on the back of our tandem bike! I prop my phone just so on Steve's back and know I will get somewhat a view of our journey! Beautiful St. George, Utah has amazing trails. We cycled near 70 miles this weekend! It was super hot so we had to get up really early before it climbed to 107!
Happy 13 years old dear tandem!!  We talk of getting a new one .. but this soft ride seat is amazing!  They no longer make this seat so ... this bike continues on providing us with so much fun!  
This morning we climbed to get to the top of this hill and cycle around this trail.  We chatted about how happy we are we both love cycling .. because we are both needed :)!  
We are a great team ... in many ways :)!  
We were going down a pretty steep hill and I said .. Steve I'm scared - he said I am too ... yikes!  
Cricket found it waaaay too hot for her liking and seemed very happy to send us on our way to ride the bike!  She stayed out on this hot patio about one minute and then was back on the cool tile floor!  
Crepes at Tifiny's.  Yummy!  I chose fruit (raspberries, mangos and kiwi) with lots of whipped cream and white chocolate sauce.  Steve had ham, avocado and cheese.  
I have a new friend; the ap... MapMyRide - she announces our cycling updates every five miles.  Love her! We haven't decided what to call her except our new friend :).  Also, we saw the movie Internship ... funny!

4 comments:

Karen said...

so great you were both feeling well enough to peddle on such a long journey. Amazing for sure!!! and glad it is something you both enjoy so much. Love you

wendy said...

You have been busy doing some really FUN things. How wonderful to share that activity with your hubby.

Anonymous said...

Great ride. What a marvelous place to pedal. I love crepes, too. My husband uses Strava to track his bike miles. Have you heard of that? We will probably use it to track our miles once we own a tandem this summer.

3 labs 4 me said...

As you know, crepes are my favorite. Wish we could have biked with you guys. However, it sounds a bit too hot for us! Wow.