My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Honoring Moms who are grieving

For the past five years, one of the events that we hold at our office is a special mother's day lunch for moms who have had a child die. The beauty of this is in the support these moms give to one another. If you are in SLC/Davis County, Utah and know of a mom that might be interested, leave a comment and I will make sure you have the rest of the details.  If you aren't in our area but know of a mom who has had a child die, let them know you are thinking of them.



Join us for a Mother’s Day Celebration like none other. 

Monday, May 6, 2013
11:30 – 1:00 PM

Mother’s Day Lunch and Sharing

for

Mother’s who have had a child die

Register:

By contacting Becky Andrews, LCMHC

What to expect:           A peaceful remembering time with other moms
                                   Wondrous companionship and serene encouragement 
                                    Delicious nourishment from understanding women
Love, smiles, tears, affection and understanding

2 comments:

joyfulchallenge said...

Beautiful idea, so often overlooked. I lost my sweet 14 year old, Austin, in 2008. Mother's Day will never be the same. Thinking of all those mother's who have a piece of their heart in heaven.

Becky Andrews said...

Heather - thank you so much for sharing. I will be thinking of you and Austin as well.