My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, April 1, 2013

Our Update

Sorry quick fuzzy picture to update on our journey. I have a Sesamoid Fracture and it is amazing how much better my foot feels now that I have the right brace. I will meet with the doctor in a couple weeks to discuss surgery or not. The option that gives me the opportunity to continue an active life is what I want. Cricket can guide me on short walks - into the office - not long walks or too much activity :(. Thank you for your well wishes. They are definitely day brighteners! I also love this striped blouse from the Limited. Super fun :).
Hope you have a great Monday!


3 comments:

3 labs 4 me said...

As always you keep a smile on your face no matter what comes your way. Thank you for showing all of us how to keep a positive attitude.

Becky Andrews said...

Thanks, Debi :).

Maxmom said...

Hi there Becky,
Sorry I've not been around much in 'bloggie-land'.
I've been reading back on your blog and the events in your life. You continue to lead such an inspiring life. Well done, dear friend.
I'm so sorry to hear about your foot and the hiccup in your running regime. I know how hard this is - just as you start having fun, you are laid low. I went through a similar thing some years ago (not the same, but similar). I had just achieved the milestone of participating in regular 10km races, when I was laid low with Plantar Faciitis. It literally takes the carpet out from underneath you, but is natures way of saying 'Go easy!'
Please know that my prayers will be with you as you consider recovery and long-term options. Go easy on yourself Becky. Thinking of you and lotsaluv,
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA