My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, January 11, 2013

On our way

We are about ready to leave to go to City Creek - Ann Taylor. Can you believe all our snow! Steve often wears something special of his dad's when he goes to an important event where he wants that little extra 'support'. I love this skirt that Steve gave me for Christmas with Natalie's help. They will be there in spirit cheering me on. I also love to put on my pantera/cricket charm bracelet. We have been through much as 'teams'. I also have on my See Beautiful necklace that I love! This turquoise sweater is old but it also has good memories. It reminds me of sitting down with the department head in my master's program and telling him my dream of having a private practice. He cheered me on :). In the basket are educational materials from Guide Dogs for the Blind. I look forward to sharing and perhaps even having one of them put on a pair of goggles and learn how you can navigate with a cane ... and a guide dog. Fun :)!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

GOOSE said...

Best wishes Becky. Cheering you on from here. I also have to say I am also wearing my See Beautiful necklace. I hope those you encounter will see it to, See Beautiful that is.
Blessings,
Goose

Unknown said...

Like Goose, I'm wearing mine too. I hope you felt a lot of see beautiful thoughts coming your way. ;)