My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Friends

Some dear long-time friends wanted to go out for my birthday ... yay, still celebrating :)! We tried a new place La Jolla Grove in Gateway. We loved it. We sat there for a few hours enjoying good food and company. Thank you, Steve, Paul and Phyllis.  Paul and I share the same eye condition, Retinitis Pigmentosa and have been friends ... forever - or atleast 20 years!
They gave me a cute necklace and earrings. For some reason, they think I like jewelery :).

Tomorrow another dear friend is taking me out for lunch for my birthday. I feel very grateful for the friends in my life. Celebrating with friends and family make this turning a year older so sweet!

Happy Birthday to a dear friend, Debi, today also!  Wish you were closer to 'do lunch' :).



2 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Yum, I love trying new places. Happy birthday to Debi, too!

wendy said...

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!(whatever day it actually was) I always enjoy going out to dinner with friends and I believe you have many friends surrounding you.