My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Furry Love & Helpers

I was finishing up a session on Friday when I received an email from a colleague about the tragic news in Newtown. Tears. Prayers for all who are suffering and experiencing such loss. Inspired by the stories of love amongst it all. A desire for all to have love and compassion in their hearts. Deep gratitude as I sat around with my family. As a therapist specializing in grief/loss, I am on a volunteer list in my church to respond to crisis. I have such a desire to hop on a plane with Cricket ... especially when I saw this story that warmed my heart.
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Then the words of Mr. Rogers: “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

1 comment:

BECKY said...

Oh Becky, I hadn't seen this on the news. If I were you, I'd want to take Cricket, too. Dogs are such loving animals....And what a wonderful job YOU do as a grief/loss therapist. Thank you for that. It is truly a gift.