My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Random

This little clip will bring a smile!  Thank you, See Beautiful for sharing and have us reflecting on What I am.

What I am ... energetic today.  We are tapering down getting ready for the marathon on the 15th!  Three miles in the morning.  After not running for two days I have had so much energy today.  One of my colleagues asked me today - can you please share your energy :).   Our office hums along on Wednesdays with most of my colleagues there - what fun we have together.  Such a privilege!  

When we go to our home in St. George we often do some shopping.  I'm not sure why going to Target is so much more fun there :).  Perhaps life is just going at a slower, relaxed pace there.  One of the projects for this visit was to decorate above our cabinets.   This basket is the bargain of the day!  Steve's basket regularly 39.99 priced at 3.99 (90% off)!  Other bargain - Gap Long and Lean Jeans - $12 -- one of my favorites.  Steve is super patient as is Cricket :) one of my requests was to walk through the mall with him describing what is in for Fall!  Purple/yellow was one of the combos so I had fun pulling out my yellow shoes for this outfit.  The nights are getting shorter with Fall in the air.  I'm told the leaves are changing.  Football season is here.  For the most part, I love our season changes.   Anyone else looking forward to pulling out those sweaters?  I just wish it didn't get cold.  

3 comments:

GOOSE said...

Fall will be a welcome break indeed. MOM and I agree that See Beautiful gave us pause as to What Am I. I Am soft furry love. MOM agreed. We went backpacking in Idaho this past week and yest the leaves are changing and each morning we had frost, almost ice, on our tent. It was great.
Blessings,
Goose

Unknown said...

Aw!!! What I am is THANKFUL! Thank you, Becky! I love the "energetic" feeling. I can remember feeling like I was holding back the reigns when things slowed down in my running regimen before the marathon. You're SO right, training correctly you do feel this "pent up" energy bursting to get out. I'm so excited for you to run the marathon!

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up on fall colors! It helps me think of outfits to gather too! :)

Happy seeing beautiful - as we know you always do!

3 labs 4 me said...

No way am I ready for fall. I'm holding on to summer for as long as I can. Living in the northwest brings us short summers. Once our summers are over, then our endless days of rain begin. To gear up for the rainy days, I'm thinking about starting back to the gym. Maybe hire a personal trainer to get me going.

Long & lean jeans from the Gap? I'll go & check them out. I would love to buy a pair of jeans for $12.00.