My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, September 8, 2012

A day of Educating on Guide Dogs

We spent a little time today at Petco sharing information on Guide Dogs for the Blind. One of the cards shared says: to Donate $10 text GDB to 20222. What an easy way to support a great organization that offers this amazing gift free of charge to people throughout the US and Canada who are blind. Another bookmark shared has some fun Did you know? Guide Dogs for the Blind was created in 1942 to aid servicement blinded in WWII. Happy 70th GDB!
This evening we enjoyed the Musical 9 to 5 at Hale Theatre with Cricket being a good girl lying quietly by my feet. The man sitting next to Steve had many questions about Cricket. It was pretty special to hear Steve telling him all about the process and how special our guides are. It was fun to share in what was a day of educating.
Steve and I ran three miles today. Next Saturday at this time our Marathon will be complete!

4 comments:

GOOSE said...

Cricket just has the sweetest face. Sounds like a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Goose

Infrequent Flyers said...

I was at my Petco yesterday, too, showing a dog from the shelter. Great job, Becky, Cricket and Steve, on educating those around you. I'm sure the man learned a lot of wonderful things.

Sarah and Romeo said...

Love the text to give idea! Looks like a fun day you guys had and educated a lot of people.

Unknown said...

Good luck on your marathon tomorrow! Congratulations- what an accomplishment!!