My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, August 27, 2012

Now Back to Running & Cycling

Here is a closer view of the tether that I use when running that my friend and one of my running guides, Shannon, made for me. This one is just the right length, comfortable fabric, has some give for the guide who puts their arm through and then I hold on to the other end.


We are tapering down now on our run. Less than three weeks away until the Top of Utah Marathon!
This week we will run 29 miles - today was 5 miles, tomorrow 8 miles, rest, Thursday 12 miles and then 4.
Steve and I haven't enjoyed our tandem near enough this summer!  We were able to do our 25-mile loop on Saturday morning.  We kept saying - this is such a beautiful morning to be on the bike.  Indeed.  

Monday morning ... back to work.  Grateful to have a job that I love.  

No comments: