My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Jam and Juicing and Support

Natalie and I made raspberry jam during the Olympic closing ceremonies.  Tradition :). She opted to wear the simulated goggles of what it looks like with RP while making the jam. Loved it and will smile each time we pull out some more raspberry jam.  Also laugh and appreciated her patience as she reminds me to stir ... got sidetracked and was checking emails.
Steve's juicing recipe tonight was delicious!  Fresh peaches and peach yogurt hid the spinach well.  
We ran fourteen miles today.  Countdown to the marathon.  Next week is the big pre-run week --  5,10,20, and 5 mile runs!   

I got to see a dear friend and her darling kids today.  

I am reflecting on a phrase that I heard at a conference 'the power of the stretch'.  I did something today that felt like a big stretch.  I couldn't have done it without the incredible support of my Steve and our kids -- who are now amazing adults reminding me to stir and encouraging me along in so many ways!  As I was getting ready for this meeting, I kept thinking - (positive affirmation) I can do hard things.  I also thought as scary as this is - the thought of doing nothing is more scary.  (I look forward to sharing the journey in a future post.)

Do one thing everyday that scares you.  
Eleanor Roosevelt

2 comments:

Elle J said...

Without giving too much info - there was a moment when a counselor/therapist was part of the journey ... And more times than not when I read your posts, I wish we lived in the same city. I know you would have been Outstanding in guiding our situation (and I'd probably still be asking for appointments just to hang out - haha!!!) I love your positive words, analogies, and life experiences. Your clients are so blessed to have you in their life!!

Becky Andrews said...

Ellie - thank you so very much! I wish we could hang out ... someday/somewhere, I hope :)!