My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, April 27, 2012

Fun Fashion, Plan B, & Special Songs

My friend and I went shopping to one of her favorite stores -- All Tucked in. I was there to cheer her on and tend her kids while she found something with her gift certificate. Well, these cute little shoes were 50% off so Lisa felt like they had my name on. I think I'm going to love them!
Special evening at the Salt Lake Temple with our friends.  Can you tell it was just a little chilly and that I'm hunched over saying hurry Steve take the picture :).  Yellow and grey are the colors again!  This skirt bunches up and is just a little short so I think it will go in the pile of -- just doesn't work!  I'm trying to simplify and have hanging in my closet clothes that I love.    
Today was one of those days where I really longed to get in a car and get my to do list done.  I recognized early in the day that I needed to accept that plan was not going to happen - funny , that hasn't been the case for almost 20 years, now but sometimes sure do miss this part.  So, I got busy cleaning, organizing, decluttering some areas and getting some work done.  Cricket and I danced to our song  over and over.  I know a little sappy but she loved it and so did I. Listen to the words. It just fits.  One of my favorite lines - 'old webster could never define what's being said between your heart and mind' :) This will always be a special song for us.  As we were walking down after sharing at the Holiday Luncheon this was playing with amazing clips of guide dog teams.  Chills :).   Yes, Pantera and I also had a special   song too .

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember sweet Pantera. I'm sure you miss your friend. So happy you have your Cricket now! Hey, if you ever need a ride somewhere, I'm your gal!! I live in NSL and would be happy to help you anytime! I'll send you my cell number via email!