My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sweet Husband, Cricket & Words

Today started out great. I pulled out a cardigan that I haven't worn in a few years and decided I really like it after all. Cricket's incision was looking good. I finished getting ready before putting her covering on. As we started to leave Steve noticed that she had opened her wound back up. Oh dear. Steve took me to work.  It felt empty.  Clients commented on someone was missing.

 Steve then took Cricket to the vet before his first meeting. After his meeting, he picked up Cricket with seven new staples -- missing another meeting with no questions asked.  Priorities he said.  I'm so grateful for him. A happy puppy was dropped back to me later in the afternoon at my office.
Cricket and I both agree that she needs to get better soon and get back to work.  Its pretty stressful/boring to be a working girl that isn't working!  She's been licking her cute little nose in her spare time also.   She needs to get back to guiding - much more productive.
Cricket's  back by my feet with instructions to be watched every minute she's not in her covering.  Thank you Steve once again for juggling your day to get Cricket (and me) where we needed to be.   Once again we are hoping for a speedy recovery.  We have places to go and people to see, Cricket :). 

Sweet, kind words.  A friend with a guide dog emailed me today and just sent some kind words in this little journey.  I read it and thought ... wow the power of words -  a kind word, note, comment, email mean so much, don't they?  A phone call with a caring friend.  A sweet daughter picking us up from work.  Thank you. 
Beautiful words have beautiful, clear vibrations. But negative words put out ugly, incoherent vibrations which do not form clusters. Language is not something artificial, but rather is something that exists naturally. I believe that language is created by nature.Masaru Emoto  

5 comments:

Lucent Imagery said...

oh precious Cricket. Leave it alone gorgeous girl! It would be great to take our communication with dogs to the next level and be able to explain to them that our nagging about biting something is for a rational reason that they will benefit from! Sending you both hugs.

Raiser Erin said...

Get better soon Cricket!

Becca said...

She look so pain..

hope she feel better soon...

i like the couch you made for her.

Karen said...

It's hjard when your're so stylish to have to wear a T-shirt but please wear it Cricket and let your stitches heal. Grandma

Infrequent Flyers said...

Seven more staples--oh dear. But Cricket looks so cute in the t-shirt, rolled into a circle like that. I hope her nose will hold out with all the licking....Hang in there!