My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sharing

I've been having some moments of missing some visual things and also missing the joys and freedom of walking with my sweet guide dog.  (I'm a therapist - we process and talk and share and feel better.   It's all good.) 

If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.  Harold Kushner.

Since Cricket's surgery, I have become once again a better cane user (still super excited to pick up that harness in 10 days or so) but I recognize the growth in reinforcing skills as a cane traveller. 

This is what I am faced with right now in my life's journey.  While I'd like it to be different, I must allow myself to face the reality of what is happening -- when you surrender you release attachment to how you feel your life should be and invite yourself to be in the presence of your life exactly as it is, while naturally difficult to do so, surrender is an act of courage.  Dr. Alan Wolfelt

I really appreciate Dr. Wolfelt's approach and messages and use his books in my work daily.

It looks like if all goes well, Cricket should make the trip to Atlanta for this amazing conference:  Being a Healing Presence in a Hurting World.  Can't wait!  It will be five days of learning, growing, networking and some time to explore the city. 

--Just waiting for my friends for our morning run -- 6 1/2 weeks until 1/2 Marathon and super excited that my dear  friend and I will be doing a run together again. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, we're sending so many prayers and healing thoughts Cricket's way! We are so looking forward to being inspired by you both in Atlanta!

The ever-inspiring writing the reflects your beautiful thinking has changed my day. It's helped me think differently. For that, you're sharing in more ways than you know. Thank you!

Becky Andrews said...

Lydia; Thank you for your very kind words. I am thrilled that our paths will cross soon in Atlanta.