My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favorites

Some of my Friday Favorites:

This fun new birthday necklace from Natalie

Meeting with some of my colleagues and mentoring them on developing their practice.  Love to share something I am so passionate about.

Meeting a friend to celebrate our birthdays with soup and birthday cake.  I've got my blanket in the bag for Cricket.  I told her its going to be an extended lunch so settle in.  Cricket - find California Pizza.  Well, its not quite that easy.  More like walk down the steps and its the first door on the right.

Movie night.  I'm excited that soon our theater will have descriptive services.  I am hoping we can get to the new movie with Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks.  Tonight perhaps.  Anyone seen it yet? 

The house cleaning and grocery shopping are complete for the weekend which is good because I agreed to work on Saturday.  My colleagues gave me a gift certificate to a fun store -- All Tucked in for my birthday so I'll be stopping by there with one of them who is a fabulous describer.

My new running shoes.  I'm having fun keeping track of their mileage.  So far 13 miles.  Today it was 40 degrees.  It felt so warm. 

What's your favorites of the day?   Hope you have a great weekend. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy, happy birthday! It seems like you have lots of wonderful celebrating to do. Have a wonderful weekend!

Shelly :) said...

I'm dying to see the new Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock movie too! He is my favorite actor and she is my favorite actress. Let me know how it is if you go tonight! :)

wendy said...

our weekend is supposed to warm up...so THAT is a good thing. It has been waaaay to cold.
heck, it is going to be above zero for the next few days, I think I'll bring out the lawn chairs.

I liked all you great Friday favorites

Anonymous said...

Friday's ... ahhh -- since I don't work on Friday, I always begin my day off with a soak in the jetted tub. Then I catch up with blogs, email, and grandkids. Friday night dinner date with my hubby is my favorite!

Glad you had such a great b'day!!

Infrequent Flyers said...

Gift certificates are great, but so is that necklace. Glad you got a little warmup in the weather. That's a fun idea to keep track of your running shoes' mileage.