My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Guide Dogs for the Blind Holiday Luncheon

We just returned from the GDB Holiday Luncheon in San Francisco. It was a very special event and my heart is full of gratitude.  I will share more ... for now a few pics (because I seem to enjoy much more blogging about travels than doing the laundry  that comes with a trip). 
Very grateful for a supportive husband, incredible parents and my amazing aunt and uncle that joined us as well.  Wow.  I am touched by their kindness. 
Supportive texts, emails, blog comments from my sweet family and friends meant the world to me. 

Thank you.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend. 

6 comments:

S.DAY said...

Oh me! Oh my!!! LOVE that dress!!!! and what a darling couple you and steve make!!!!

Jen said...

Just catching up on posts and wanted to say hi. i'm sure the pictures are great :)

wendy said...

What great pictures..You look beautiful. I bet the Luncheon was very inspiring eh.

Merry Christmas to you, and I'll get back with ya the end of December some time. Headed to Utah on the 14th. Can't wait.
hugs

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Wow, Becky, you look smashing! The dress is even the perfect length! You Mom said your speech was wonderful, and I'm sure it was! Wish we could have been there too.

Elle J said...

You all look amazing. Love your outfit. =) I've awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Check out my blog post written 12/10. =)

3 labs 4 me said...

Wow!! LOVE your dress. I heard that your speech was incredible & everyone loved you. I had no doubts about that!