My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, November 7, 2011

How I feel physically at this moment

I am enjoying my little journal of gratitude. It has some unique ways of looking at gratitude, blessings, savoring, appreciating and such! Today: Ask yourself how you feel physically right at this moment. Then, make a list of all that comes to mind to make you happy in this moment.
I chose to do this experience after just coming back from a 5K run this morning.  I feel grateful for the joy of running with a friend and getting caught up on our lives.  I feel grateful to be able to hear our conversation.  I feel grateful to be aware of the pull on the tether that lets me know we are steering clear from ice and other obstacles on the road.   I feel such gratitude that I am able to run.  Physically, what a blessing to not have any aches and pains as I run!  I came back from the run with snow on the ground and my body so warm and sweating.  I recognized that I embrace winter a little more when I am active.  It doesn't put me in the hibernate mode as much.  Cricket is so proud of me.  I walked into the house with excitement for the holiday season.  I wanted to go downstairs and pull out all my nativity sets.  There wasn't time as I needed to get ready for work.  I feel grateful for a career that I love.  I feel grateful that this holiday season we will be surrounded by our family.  I feel grateful for Steve being able to take me to work and helping set up the new chairs at the office.      

4 comments:

Just Jess for now said...

This post makes me smile. I am grateful for a lot of the same things just now.
I can't wait for the holidays season to start either. :) We just have to get some decorations since we left them all in the United States when we moved. LOL
As always, thanks for sharing.

Beth Finke said...

I am grateful for your high-spirited blog posts. Keep 'em coming, Becky!

Infrequent Flyers said...

I don't know why, but I was surprised to see the snow in the photo! So awesome that you are running even when the ground is white. I'm going to get my tushie out there today, too!

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Such a sweet picture, you guys look so happy and hey, you even have snow!

Brandon's Raiser