My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, November 21, 2011

Beauty. Right where you are.

Yesterday in church a woman shared  ... she had been visiting a location in Arizona and was told one thing that was a must to see was the sunset at a certain location.  They planned their day around this event and when they arrived the area was packed with people also visiting to see the sunset.  She said the sunset was beautiful but realized that the sunset outside her own window in Bountiful, Utah is as beautiful.  She indicated she was often too busy to stop and enjoy that beauty in her own front yard.  Often when someone comes to our home to visit if they are at that time of day and looking to the west, they will comment on the beauty of our sunset.  I thought it was a good message to remember to stop and enjoy the beauty right here amongst us.

My friend and I ran a 5K this morning.  It was a beautiful morning.  It was raining.  We were the only ones on the road and she said to our right at one point was a deer just sitting there.   Beautiful right here. 

Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.
 Lionel Hampton

4 comments:

Myrna R. said...

I guess we can always perceive beauty, no matter where we are. We just have to look. It sounds like the deer were like a little bonus gift from nature.

3 labs 4 me said...

You're so right. We love to travel to see the beauty of various parts of the country. When we arrive home, we realize nothing compares to the beauty of Oregon.

Maxmom said...

Hi there Becky,
I shared your 'STOP' advice last week with a friend.
S-Stop
T- Take a breath/look
O- Observe
P- Proceed.
I must say thank you...it was just what she needed at the time.
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

Karen said...

I always feel that beauty of home when we come through the canyon and see the lights, mountains and the spot we call home. If we have been gone a long time (which we sometimes are) it is especially beautiful!