My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

So sweet

Thank you so much for your very sweet emails and comments after our bike fall. The people and bike are healing well.  We have been doing some - so how did we fall that gave you a black and blue bruise on the side of your right leg?  We are celebrating our resilient our bodies are -- they work hard to heal.   Hoping to be back out running soon and on the bike next time we are in St. George.   I guess today we thought we needed to implement our black brace into the accessories of the outfit.  I love this sweater and have it in green, too.  Anyone else get more than one of something when they find it fits?  I used to do that with shoes or belts but its a little harder to mark and keep them identified.  I love this cuddly dog. 
This is a busy week at our office which means more downtime for Cricket which is wonderful as I'm supposed to hold off on having her pull me for another week.  This is one of Cricket's favorite places at the office.
Remembering our sweet  Missy Girl  who died a year ago. We love her and miss her.

Had some time this morning to nest for some good things to come!  On our last trip to St. George we found this fun clock for our mantle.  Shaped like ... a bicycle!

Sweet - Wednesday is another day of clients and also our Mindfulness and Self-Compassion Class.  Heavens, I have another visual aid for the week of an injury and being kind to self!  The loving-kindness phrase selected for the week:  May I and all  know the natural joy of being alive.  

4 comments:

Erin said...

Becky! I'm sorry to hear about your fall! That is scary!! I'm so glad you were both ok. I hope you still had a fun weekend in southern Utah (love the marathon and conference!). I also love that clock! St. George has so many fun little shops for home decor. I always stock up when I'm there!

So grateful your accident wasn't more serious. Hugs from San Diego!

Maxmom said...

Hi there Becky,
Gee, I can't believe it is a whole year since Abbey crossed the Rainbow bridge. This means that we've been cyber-buddies for a year too. I can't believe how time flies.
Well, I hope the shock of your fall is dissipating. Wishing you well as you 'Be gentle on yourself' :)
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

Anonymous said...

We are SO sorry about your bike accident!! Do hope that the aches and pains are healing. So glad that you're OK and don't have any broken bones!
Sending our love, L&V

Myrna R. said...

It looks like your recovering well. I'm glad.