My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, October 28, 2011

Smile

We ran this morning. It was chilly. It was a little tricky to get my jacket and gloves over this cast. We did it and I sure love how I feel when I come back from a run.  I want to sign up for the St. George 1/2 Marathon in January.   I need a goal to help me get up in the morning and run.  I don't have someone else that wants to run that far with me that lives close by...one of my running friends suggested they could take shifts.    Twelve-week training time begins next week -- still hopeful. 
These two are off to the Nebraska/Michigan game!   Isn't the grandpa/grandson bond fabulous! 
Much to smile about.  Two of my dear friends from over 40 years ago (did I really say that?) are coming down next week for lunch.  Perhaps, Arella's again!  Thier raspberry cookie with ice cream ... so yummy, girls! Visiting my dear friend, Debi, next week for the GDB Fall Luncheon in Oregon.  The weekend is here.  The to do list is long but nothing scheduled tomorrow.  That seems like something to smile about, too.   

3 comments:

Erin said...

Seeing good friends is definitely something to smile about! I hope you have a fabulous weekend Becky!

p.s. Wish I could run that half marathon with you! Or at least be there to cheer you on!

3 labs 4 me said...

Can't wait to see you. 6 days & counting.......

Unknown said...

Becky you are the key to motivation...I have thought I would like to do the St. George half again too. Perhaps we will see you there.