My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, June 20, 2011

My Helper

Saturday was spent decluttering my home office.   We filled the garbage can five times, and I feel much lighter.  One of us seemed to have a bit of a hard time letting go of some of the clutter!    (picture is of Cricket on top of piles of paper.)
Cricket is such a great helper in the kitchen.  Yes, she does a little vacuuming but overall she just loves to be close.  The other day I totally missed the garbage and was so impressed that she just looked at the leftover cake that was on the floor.  I also missed the mark on pouring her dog food into the bucket and she sat by the door and wouldn't come in the room.  Besides needing a refresher course on pouring blindly, I was super impressed with my dog. 
Cricket wears many 'hats' being by my side each day.  Usually at the office, she takes her harness off and is able to use her talents as a 'therapy' dog rather than a guide dog with our clients.  Many comment how welcoming they find the office, with a dog nearby.  I think she may need to get business cards - I recently had someone come in and ask for her!  They said they were open to which therapist they worked with but really wanted to work with the dog in the office.  Sorry, we are a package deal :).  
Cricket's least favorite way to help: watch the house while we ride the bike or go for a run.  Thank you, Cricker girl.
  

3 comments:

DCHY said...

Do you pay in treat currency for all the work she does in office/house watching? ;)

Infrequent Flyers said...

What a cute post!! Cricket definitely needs her own business cards, with a link to her blog. What a good girl for ignoring the food on the floor. Sadly, we've really loosened up with Cabana on that front.

wendy said...

Cricket is the Bomb
I can imagine how much you must love that dog eh.
It is hard to imagine the training that goes into these amazing dogs.