My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beautiful Moments

I like that this post is almost on a Thursday. The featured day for Natalie's Define Beautiful posts. They leave me lifted and inspired.

Cricket has some beautiful collars  to choose from in the morning.   Oh dear, now I've got another step in my wardrobe process - matching my outfit to Crickets! I can see we are going to really enjoy these beautiful collars made by Denise.
I'm reflecting on beauty from within as I get the opportunity to speak to a group of ladies at a Retreat tomorrow evening.  I will attend with a black & blue cheekbone.  In a hurry this morning, I didn't use my cane while watering the flower pots and had a too close encounter with the electrical box.  Ouch. 

They want to hear about my journey.   I will share some of my experiences that we can identify with as women -- mine just happen to have a little blindness humor.  The moment of feeling beautiful as I learned to french braid my daughter's hair without vision.  The moment of beautiful empowerment as I learned to organize my clothes and gained assertive skills without vision.  The moment of beautiful organization as I created a plan to keep the kitchen floor (and the rest of the house) clean without vision.  The moment of visualizing beauty as I learned to apply my make-up without vision.  These are beautiful moments.  I feel beautiful as I remember celebrating as I learned and relearned these tasks.  Another beautiful, yummy moment will be enjoying the dutch oven potatoes to be served at this event. 

Our plan is for Cricket to wear her pink collar.  I'll wear my grey suit with a pink shirt to match her.  Such a fun, beautiful moment.  Somehow, I'll find a way to mention my tether that is used for running.  Sweat is beautiful.  

Have a beautiful day.   

3 comments:

S.DAY said...

I LOVE the collar on the R of the pic. The grey and yellow!
I MISS you!!!!! I MISS your runs. I MISS Everything! Seriously, I can't possibly mention it enough... I MISS YOU!!!!
Ugh, sorry about the run in with the electrical box. You want me to come over and yell at it?
Have fun at the retreat, you'll do amazing. You always do.
BTW: I miss you.

Becky Andrews said...

Sday - awesome. that is the one she wore today! yes, we have got to get together SOON! xoxo.

Beth and Alfie said...

I love the way you find the beauty in everyday things...when you think about it they are so extraordinary. The collars are beautiful...but so is Miss Cricket! Best wishes & may your bruise heal soon...