My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, April 10, 2011

On the bright side

Trying to look on the bright side of snow that is here mid April and some other things in life. Sigh. Most of the time I am a cup half, even quarter full kind of person.

So, on the bright side of this snowy spring day:

I pulled out our furry coat and the pocket was full of treats for Cricket. I realized I hadn't worn this coat all winter. So, walking to church Cricket received some extra treats for her good guide work. Knowing that this coat wouldn't be worn again this year, I let Cricket lay on it during church. A comfy bright spot for her. I love my brown boots and so I pulled them back out to wear today. The snow makes Cricket have some extra energy and she enjoyed running around in it for a few minutes.
The real bright side - tomorrow is a new day with warmer temperatures scheduled. 

3 comments:

L^2 said...

Ugh, more snow! Glad you and Cricket were able to find some positives in it.

Fiona said...

Can understand why you wouldn't want more snow and in April too!!

Hope it all clears away soon!

I won't give out about the bit of rain here this morning so!!

take care
Clive and Murray

jennohara said...

I'm glad you and Cricket tried to enjoy the snowy day. I hope spring sprouts for you soon!