My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Celebrating International Guide Dog Day

My awesome mom just told me it was International Guide Dog Day. How did I celebrate? I confidantly walked a mile today (in these heels that I love and are so comfortable), navigated throughout my office with ease, enjoyed a dog cheering me on while I did time on the ellyptical and who is now sitting by my feet as I type. Indeed a day to celebrate in so many ways! Thank you to all those who make this day and all others in my life possible with a guide dog by my side.

5 comments:

* said...

Whoho! Happy Guide Dog Day! Hearing things like this from people with Guide Dogs definately makes our jobs worth it.

Just Jess for now said...

I hear you-I could not imagine my life without a furry companion by my side. Happy belated International Guide Dog Day.

Karen said...

Not only do you have a wonderful guide dog but what cute outfit!! Give Cricket a love from Grandma.

wendy said...

The shoes look cute
and your dog is a canine Angel...!!

wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.