My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A little R & R

Steve and I love St. George and go there any time we can. A requirement to be at our condo for an electrical inspection lent itself to two days of renewal. An unexpected crazy snowstorm led to an overnight stay in Beaver, Utah on the drive down. Walks with Cricket and Steve in sunshine, leisurely shopping and eating, running with Steve on our trail that is almost safe for me to run with just verbal commands.


How fun to have my friend, Shannon there also.  We actually got to start our running again in prep for the SLC 1/2 marathon next month.  We were able to go to our first bike race and cheer on pro Kday
We are enjoying fixing up our little condo.  After having tenants in there for the past  year, we are slowly getting it fixed up - our "nesting" project.  We like to relax when we go down there so each time we try to do one little project.  Don't want to overexert!  This time Steve hung a shelf in the closet and we bought a clock for our bedroom. 
Next trip we hope will include a bike ride on our tandem!  Super excited for that season to begin again.   

Random Reflection.  As Steve was filling up the car with gas, I realized it has been 18 years since I quit driving, it was the day after Kendall turned six, and that long since I have put gas in the car.  I kinda want to try it again (its probably changed a lot in that time frame).    

7 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Oh, wow - that looks like such a fun place to visit.

Myrna R. said...

So glad you're having fun. I know Cricket is happy too.

DG said...

Another marthon! Awesome. 18 years of no driving. I swear this is the hardest part so far.

S.DAY said...

How great was our run!? Oh it felt soooo good. Thank you so much for coming to the race to keep me company! It was so nice to share that experience with you and Steve. He's hilarious.
See you for another fantastic run in the am!

Infrequent Flyers said...

It looks warm and dry there, judging from the photos. 18 years since driving--amazing. I was just talking to my kids about driving last night. They're 16 and 17, but neither of them drives yet or really even wants to. I hope we're moving in the direction of cars being optional instead of a "necessity".

3 labs 4 me said...

Looks like a nice getaway. The sunshine perks you up no matter what you're doing. Glad you were able to go.
xoxo

Erin said...

Oh St. George is the best, isn't it!? So glad you had a fun trip. I loved your comment about not wanting to over do it. Made me smile. :)