My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cruisin' with Cricket

Yesterday, Cricket and I had a break in our schedule between clients and were able to take a nice long walk.  It has been almost two months since the sidewalk up to Dick's Market has been fully cleared for us to walk.    Crossing two streets, finding the door, the bakery, the basket, outside, the counter; and  stopping for an obstacle in the middle of the sidewalk were all  in a day's walk for Cricket. We returned back to the office and I told her, Cricket you really rocked that walk.  It felt so great to take a nice brisk walk with her in relatively pleasant weather.  Next month will be our four-year anniversary.  Wow.  Where does the time go?

1 comment:

Maryissewfast said...

Wow! Has it really been 4 years? These pups just grow up too fast! (kind of like our kids!) Happy anniversary!