My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Pace

Just a note of gratitude for my Cricket girl.  We walked over to Arctic Circle on our break today.  A man came up to me and asked me how long before I had to 'give up this dog'.  I realized he thought I was training the dog.  I explained that she was my guide, and I was so very grateful for the puppy raisers that had trained her, my first guide dog and others.   He was very nice and indicated he had seen me walking at such a happy pace (I  loved that he referred to our walk in that way) that he thought I must be training the dog.  I said, thanks to Cricket I do walk at a happy pace!   

1 comment:

Kauaiart said...

This is very Sweet Becky!