My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Worth the Waiting

Cricket has had her bath, teeth brushed and is waiting for our lunch date. We've had several these past few weeks. I want pictures with all my friends that we go to lunch with but find myself feeling awkward about hey, will you take our picture. Do I need to get over that because it sure is so much fun.
Waiting for rides. Its something Cricket and I have learned to do and to be super appreciative of the kindness of family, friends, drivers, public transportation, and cabs. Sometimes we get pretty creative on getting from point a to b.

4 comments:

Myrna R. said...

Cricket is so well groomed. I can sense the excitemnt waiting for a ride.

Hope you had a good lunch.

Clive said...

Hope you had a great day!

take care
Murray's Mom

Beth Finke said...

Yes, you should get over your "shyness" about asking people to take your photo, Becky! So many people take photos of anything & everything these days, I'm sure most would be happy to acomodate. Especially when they realize how much fun you have getting your photo taken with friends!
And as for waiting for rides and finding clever ways to get from point A to point B, isn't it interesting how having a disability can make a person extra creative and resourceful?

Retired Duo said...

I'll bet she's saying, "When will they get here, Mom?"