My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, September 6, 2010

Running

The 5K run this morning was exhausting. I ran my slowest time yet. Not sure why, but happy I had a Cricket girl concerned if I was going to live when I returned. Now, that its been a few hours, I feel great.
There is something that has become exhilerating about running with just the verbal of a guide. Steve was my guide this morning. We both agreed that I would pull out my 'blind athlete' vest for our next run. We don't want any parked cars or people wondering why I am getting so close. I am fine with the blind part of this vest, but seriously don't feel like an athlete at all! Next run, with Shannon on Thursday.

2 comments:

Clive said...

Well done on 5km whether it was slow or not! It's a lot more than I could do!

take care
Fiona

Kathy said...

You are amazing!