My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Open House

Tonight, we had a little open house for our upstairs - office expansion.  Cricket put on her work harness to greet the first guests.  For some reason, upstairs she gets really excited and likes to roll around when she is off harness.   I think she had some fun play times while we were getting it put together. It was good to see that when she needs to be serious and in her work clothes, she can! 
This is downstairs and one of Cricket's favorites places to be.  She can watch when people are coming in and also enjoy seeing outside. 
This is a hallway I go through countless times in a day.  Each time I walk into the waiting area to greet a client, I walk through this hallway.   I received a very special package in the mail from my dear friend, Susan .  It is a beautiful painting she did of Lainhalu in Kaui (probably need to go check my spelling).  After much contemplation, I chose to put it in this special hallway that I frequent so many times each day. 
This is a close-up of the picture that she painted.  I will share the story of her sharing this beautiful painting with me many times as clients comment on it.  Nature is nourishing and will bring much peace and comfort to those in our office.  Namaste, dear friend. 
It will be great for Steve and I to spend some energy on something besides the office expansion for the next while.  Although, we both agree we really enjoy creating in this way.  The fountain came, and will need to be returned.  It is noisy and not beautiful water sounds - rather the motor of the fountain.  NOT soothing!  

Next office event is the company party on Saturday.  At last count, 52 people in our backyard.  We will cook salmon, chicken, and meatballs and make lemonade. Everyone will bring a side dish or dessert.  Fun to see the variety that will come, yummy in so many ways.   

4 comments:

jennohara said...

The office is beautiful!!! Very inviting!
Wow, 52 people...I can't wait to hear what everyone brings! I'm getting hungry already :)

Infrequent Flyers said...

Wow, the offices look great, Becky! So inviting and peaceful. I love the painting, vibrant and cheerful.

Clive said...

The office looks fantastic!

Congrats on it all!

Kauaiart said...

You have wonderful taste in your decorating style. Just like your clothing. I am so happy for your expansion. Many happy sessions in such a lovely space. So thrilled I could be a part of the 'space'.
Love, SuzyG and Mirage