My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, August 2, 2010

Resilient Natalie

Love this resilient girl, my daughter! Resiliency is making tough decisions, courage, tenacity, and getting up another day.  Natalie states:

I think we have points of clarity in our lives that we can cling to. Points in which we know we made the right decision and so we can say "hey, I did that" and carry on. The two biggest decisions I ever made were to divorce my first husband and marry my current one. He's incredible. He's amazing. They were decisions that were hard to make -- the first more so than the last -- but I'm glad I can remember them and that feeling of knowing I made the right decision.

Right now I'm trying to remember the decisions I had that put me where I'm at and trying so I can keep going. I sometimes feel like Dory from Finding Nemo, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" -- but I think that is part of resiliency too. Just keeping on and with every step, our muscles are stronger.


She wrote this in the middle of this semester of her MBA program.  Glad she is now enjoying a break.

Share your story of resilience. Email me at becky.resilient@gmail.com.

No comments: