My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Therapists Thoughts on Thursday

Thursday morning will provide time to garden, a tandem bike ride (if Steve and I can coordinate our schedule), and hopefully a little (much needed) house cleaning. I love my Thursday morning of present moment time. With summer here, the scheule will probably change and some of my late afternoon/evening clients will become Thursday morning clients. That's okay, too. I LOVE summer nights.

The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle is a fascinating concept to me. Along with yoga, I have been enjoying more courses in learning for myself and teaching my clients to be mindful of the present moment. I am really excited for a conference that I will be going to (along with Cricket, of course, and hopefully Steve) in San Diego in October on Mindfulness. (Of course, with Natalie and Adam there, San Diego is my favorite place to visit, too). Eckhart invites us to bring conscious presence to the everyday activities that we do unconsciously. When you get into your car, shut the door and be there for just a minute. Breathe, feel the energy inside your body, look around at the sky, the trees or listen if it is not a visual experience, and simply be aware of that moment. The mind might tell you, I don't have time. But that's the mind talking to you. Even the busiest person has time for 30 seconds of space.

Each evening when I leave the office, our candy dish is usually looking like this (full of 3 Musketeer Bars)
I find this fascinating as each morning I have filled it full of a variety of candy. Three Musketeers are definitely the least favorite of our clientele

2 comments:

Katrin said...

Hey Becky

I am in the process of getting the Paw it Forward packages out, if you still want to play as you were the 1st person to comment please e-mail me your address at katrin at maplewooddog dot com

Thanks!

Kauaiart said...

And one of the healthiest!