My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Smile

As I walked back from a walk with Cricket into the office, a colleague's client asked me -- are you a trainer and a therapist? I thought she meant did I train students or interns so I said yes. She then indicated I really 'got around' and she saw me all over town. (I hope she didn't see me earlier in the day walking with Cricket when the wind was blowing and my skirt was flying -- tricky trying to walk with my guide and keep my skirt from flying). She began asking me a few questions about training Cricket so I realized she meant a dog trainer not a trainer for new therapists! So, I laughed and told her I was a blind therapist and Cricket was training me.

No comments: