My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cycling for Multiple Sclerosis

Leaving this face is the difficult part of cycling:
Promise two more weeks and then we will be back to long walks and not so much cycling. Love you, girl and thanks for your patience. I know you are being well taken care of while we are on the bike, but that face - those eyes (love those eyes) just make it hard to get on that bike.

MS 150 Bike Ride Today. One of my favorite memories of this ride is a young girl holding up a sign saying: Thank you for riding, my mom has MS as we were pushing through Nibley. I'll be thinking of those I know with MS (Ro and Michael) and those that I may meet tomorrow who are living life with MS.

3 comments:

Ro said...

Thank you. :)

And thank Cricket for me hehe. Oh and Jayden says thanks to you and Cricket since his mom has MS. :)

Oh and Jayden also says, thanks for riding for MS cuz when om is tired it's really boring, but I'm glad the MS took her sight because it means she needs me.

Jayden is talkative this morning ;)

Lisa and pups said...

That would be hard to leave that face! She's so adorable! What a good cause to ride for!

3 labs 4 me said...

I don't know how you leave Cricket behind when she gives you that look. I love those eyes & when I see her, she melts my heart!