My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, May 7, 2010

Cleansing Day

Today I spent a delightful day with a friend who helped me get my office organized. She is incredibly talented in so many ways -- one of which is organization. Today was part I -- there will be more sessions to come. To give you an example of the help needed, I had a video in my cabinet -- uh, no VCR even in the office! I wish I had before and after pictures to show you! I am excited for Monday when the other therapists arrive at the office! They are going to notice our cleaner office! I realized that I have some attachment issues to paper and books! Interesting -- I can't really read papers or books at this point -- perhaps there is a point of difficulty of letting go? Still in the transition of becoming paperless. I am inspired now to tackle the basement storage room and the rest of my office ... in time. Tomorrow it is scheduled to be a beautiful sunny day so the yard and bicycle will be calling, but I am excited to get back to the rest of the project. Thank you again, dear friend.

1 comment:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Ahh, that inspired me to do some deep cleaning this weekend, too. I love to purge, except it often become a much larger job than I expected. Like your example, a little bit at a time, and then a break to do something fun outdoors--that seems like the ticket!