My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Breathe in Gratitude

Gratitude fills my heart each day for my life, the beautiful people that are in my life, new ones that I meet daily and what I learn from others. Let me introduce you to a corner in my world: the ledge of my bathtub. Here sits: a plant that was given to me by my sweet husband during a really difficult time; a special candle from my dear friend, Debi; some soap that smells SO delicious from my Natalie that I just can't bring myself to use yet! And, the latest special addition is my frog in his tree pose given to me by my sweet mom. This frog reminds me that my mom is there to love and support me in anything. This frog also reminds me the fun time that I had doing yoga with Natalie in San Diego where the instructor said while we were in tree pose -- send out your love and gratitude. This frog reminds me that some days I have balance and can pose as a tree and other days I can't lift my feet up without tipping. I feel the gentleness of Corena helping me to keep my balance. I often think what an analogy of life - sometimes we are there helping someone else keep their balance, sometimes we just tip and its okay, and other times we are receiving help from someone else.
This past session in yoga, at the end of class Corena said the sweetest thing of which I am so grateful -- She said she had watched a documentary recently on guide dogs and learned the effort it takes to have a working team. She said althogh we may see Cricket come in and take her place on her mat and it seems so easy ... much work has gone into that - like a marriage. (Indeed but so worth it.) They have been so kind and gracious at this studio for allowing us to be part of this nuturing environment (even when Cricket decided to stand up and shake in the middle of Shavasna - the very quiet meditating time. Gratitude to all the goodness in my life.

3 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

What an appropriate place for each of those treasures. In a place where you can rest and "meditate" on the gracious blessings in your life. Thanks for sharing.

Kauaiart said...

I cherish your perspective's on life Becky!

3 labs 4 me said...

Thanks for the inspiring message this morning Becky. Your post lifted my spirit.