My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, March 22, 2010

Remembering Pantera

Saturday we were able to work in the yard for awhile. We were so happy. It was fun to hear laughing at the park - including a familiar voice of Kendall playing Ultimate Frisbee with some friends. One of our tasks was to clear out the flower bed where we plant flowers and have our bench to Remember Pantera.
Today is the two-year anniversary of when Pantera, my first guide dog, died. As I said last year my heart is full of love and gratitude. I would love to give her one last hug, one last funny memory together, one last amazing day as a guide dog, one last thank you for such a beautiful life well lived. I am so grateful for all the hugs, memories, amazing days as my guide that Pantera gave me. Life is about enjoying and treasuring our moments. I love you, Pantera. You lived your life loving and serving others - what a beautiful way to be remembered. The best way we can celebrate your life is for Cricket and I to go off and have a joyful day with my Pantera bracelet on and try to love and serve as you did. Love you girl!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Great tribute. These dogs have been lucky to have you in their lives!

3 labs 4 me said...

Pantera will always be in our hearts & never forgotten. She was an incredible dog!

L^2 said...

I love that you have a bench to honor Pantera - that's so neat. It sounds like she was a wonderful dog.

wendy said...

What a lovely tribute. Our pets truly become ONE of us.

Beth and Alfie said...

What a special way to honor Pantera. She must have been amazing!

Karen said...

We are here at the Providence Library reading your blog. What a wonderful partner Pantera was and we shed a tear as we think of the great service and love she gave you and for the wonderful program that trains good guides like Pantera and Cricket. Love you
Dad and Mom