My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Choices

I was standing in my yoga outfit at the office, waiting for the cab to pick me up. Steve had a meeting scheduled ... it had gotten out early and he had called to say he could pick me up after all to take me to yoga. I said, I've already scheduled the cab so let's keep it - I hated to turn the cab driver away if he was counting on this fare (not again as you read further). He is one I call upon often and in five years he has always been on time. So, I continue to chat with one of my colleagues - she offered to take me to yoga - I said thanks but cab should be coming. She asked me about different ways I got places: Steve, cabs, friends, paid drivers, the bus, walking are some of my choices of transport. Wow - that is lots of choices when you look at it that way! Independence is being in charge of one's own choices. Then, I realized that the cab was late ... called him and he had totally forgotten! So by the time he came to pick me up (he was closer in proximity than calling Steve to come at the last minute)it was too late for yoga! My shoulder is a little sore, so its probably good to have another day off of yoga after all.

3 comments:

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Sorry about the cab,
Wow, you do have many ways to get around!

Toby's Raiser

jennohara said...

:) So optimistic!
I think it's a good idea to have another day off yoga too.
Having so many choices can be tiring!!

Kauaiart said...

It takes such Skill to see the Light in that scenario Becky~ Namaste my Friend. Love YOU!