My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, February 1, 2010

Curiosity or Frustration?

To say I have become committed to yoga is an understatement. I recently rearranged my whole Monday schedule so that I could attend the am class. (One of the many joys of self-employment). I have loved starting my week out with this practice. As you may recall from a previous post, our yoga studio recently moved and the owner was so kind to take time to give us a tour of the new facility so that I could arrive at the first class feeling comfortable and oriented to where everything is - thank you Corena. Today in class she invited us to look at something in our life with curiosity rather than frustration. These are two words that I hadn't thought of as contrasts, but really they are. What are you frustrated about that instead can be a curiosity to explore? I am excited to get back digging in the dirt this spring ... curious about learning additional skills as a blind gardener. I am soon to give my first presentation without the use of large print ... curious about my public speaking skills and ability to use my braille notes. Curiosity does sound so much more inviting than frustration.

2 comments:

Beth and Alfie said...

I love that! I'm always telling the kids (my kids & my students @ church): You can't choose what happens to you, but you can choose your attitude!

I love the thought of taking those challenges with a curious, rather than frustrated, attitude...gives me something to work on!

wendy said...

wow, thanks for giving me that way of "looking at it"
see I can SEE better then you
but you SAW something that will help me alot
substitute frustration with curiosity---that is something worth working on.
I'll try