My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Step at a Time

One of my favorite braille products is my labeller. As my acuity in the pinhole of vision that I have has reduced I am pulling it out more to label items. Last night as I was rubbing what I thought was nail polish remover on my nails and thinking this is stubborn nail polish that won't come off I finally realized that it was a thicker liquid and that I was using eye makeup remover! I just had to laugh as I made the exchange and with the correct remover, the polish came off very easily!

I received a braille christmas card in the mail and was happy to be able to stumble through reading it. As I am pondering resolutions for the new year ... the next course in braille and expanding my techno skills are on the list.

The plus and sometimes a challenge of Retinitis Pigmentosa is the vision loss is gradual so you have time to adjust to each new stage of vision loss. I find when something is not working anymore is when I search out for additional tools.

1 comment:

Kauaiart said...

All Love to You in 2010~ You are Beloved, You are Light. Keep on sister. You are amazing.Love, Susan and Mirage