My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Love our Hearts

At my office we have a cabinet that has some of our 'favorites' - books, cds, plaques, journals that we as therapists love and recommend. Of all that we have on our shelf, what I am constantly reordering is these lovely hearts pictured below. To me, they celebrate our unqiueness as individuals. They are all individual - with different colors and textures. I often will pull out this little heart container of hearts and ask someone - which one describes how you are feeling today. Once I did it with a very tall man (he had to duck to get through our door) and after he described which heart - you won't tell the guys at my office that I am sitting around here sharing my feelings with hearts! Promise, no! But, it is a fun experience.
Clients find many creative ways to use these hearts ... they give them to a child to remember that mom is thinking about them during the day, to remember someone special to them, to honor and be kind to themselves ... If you want some, I order them through Grief Watch and love their website.

1 comment:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Those are so pretty and feel so nice in the hand. I have one of those! ;)