My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Random Holiday Thoughts

Goal for the day was: complete Christmas Shopping. Lesson learned: ha, don't set lofty goals that you can't accomplish.

It is a small world. 300 miles away from home and in Bath and Body Works a lady came up and told me she recognized my guide she had groomed her before at the clinic. Their buy 3, get 3 free does help me remember my multiple of 3 math.

I returned to the Dilliards in St. George because the sales assistant at the cosmetic counter was SO nice and helpful to me this past summer. Side note: we had our full conversation about makeup, skin care, with out her asking about the age of my dog! I was excited that I ran out of my products near the time we would be in St. George. She wasn't there but another lady was also super nice and helpful.

The Christmas shopping isn't complete, but Cricket is saying its enough with the hustle, bustle crowds. What I do love to do is walking along Gateway hearing the Christmas music with my shopping complete ... that day will come.

3 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Dear Cricket,

I am very sorry your mom lost her mind and dragged you out with all the crazy people. Not that my life is any better...I am stuck on leash and in my crate all the time. But at least I am not out with all the crazies...unless you count my chocolate lab cousin....

Very Sincerely,

Chelsie Belle

wendy said...

what, someone recognized your DOG? that is amazing.
I haven't even touched christmas shopping yet. I have go to do a little before I leave for Utah 12/11 --but plan to do most of it there.

Becky Andrews said...

Chels - It is so good to hear from you! Yes, your life has not been easy, AT ALL (could be worse you could of been at the mall all day :D). Love, Crickers

Wendy - Shopping in Utah sounds wonderful! Yes, funny how people remember the name of your dog and recognize her.