My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fun with Friends

My friend Debi is incredible. She became an angel when my first guide dog needed a place to recover for a few weeks after leg surgery. When I felt like part of me was missing with my guide gone, she kept me informed on Pantera's recovery and cared for her like her own. We soon became good friends and over the past ten years have travelled together with our Steves and I look forward to any opportunity to visit them. You know that person that you come stay at their home, they feed you and go out of their way for you and somehow they have you feeling like it is their privilege that you came! That is Steve and Debi. I hope someday we will be able to return their graciousness in our home (however, I've got to take some serious cooking lessons to make that happen!)
We enjoyed visiting the Portland Market where we found a fun painting for our home (tradition that you take a photo with the artist), yummy pumpkin pie fudge (yes!), yellow gloves to match my yellow purse and hopefully soon, yellow coat (if you see one, let me know)
Cricket loved her time playing with her friends: Culver, Dakota, and Desma. They welcomed her with open paws. Honda, the cat, I think was happy to see Cricket go.

As we hang our new picture of Mt Hood in our dining room, we have so many wonderful memories of this area.

4 comments:

Ro said...

Thats how I felt when B and I visited West Virginia and stayed with his family. That same kind of warm hospitality that makes a trip like that so incredible.

As for the yellow coat, have you checked ebay? I recently listened to a book called "Shopoholic and Sister" by I think Sophie Cansella? Anyway. The main character is named Becky too, and she finds a yellow coat on ebay. Maybe its meant to be? ;)

Hmmm, don't even know if ebay is accessible. Try Amazong :)

Becky Andrews said...

R - how nice that you feel that way when visiting B's family. Thanks for the tip on a yellow coat. I'll check it out. That book sounds fun.

Lacey said...

What a fun trip you had. Friends like that are the greatest...you know the ones that you feel completely at home with them! I loved visiting the Portland Market. There are so many fun things to see and eat there!

3 labs 4 me said...

It was wonderful to spend time with you guys. We wished you lived a bit closer, so we could see you more often. Looking forward to the next time..........
Hard to believe that we've been friends for TEN yrs. Where does the time go???

xoxo